At 10:10 +0900 6/4/03, Nils Valentin wrote:
<offlist>

Hi Paul,

did I get something wrong or did you actually mean

"mysql SELECT VERSION(); " instead of " mysql> SHOW VERSION();" ???

You're right, I'm wrong. SELECT VERSION();

(In case I am right, I didnt post as I thought is not so polite to "overwrite" your statement)

I was incorrect, so I'll cc: this back to the list as well. Thanks for pointing it out.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan

2003îN 6åé 2ì™ åéójì™ 09:54ÅAPaul DuBois Ç„ÇÒÇÕèëÇ´ÇÐǵLJ:
 At 22:52 -0400 5/31/03, Mehrdad Ziaei wrote:
 >That will give you version of mysql client you're running,

That seems to have been what the original question was.

 >For version of mysql server, after successful connection to mysql, use
 >status command.
 >mysql> status
 >
 >Or
 >
 >telnet to port 3306 of server running mysql
 >C:\>telnet  192.168.1.2  3306
 >you'll see few garbage and mysql version number in there too.

 Re: that latter suggestion, it's easier to simply issue this query from
 the mysql client:

mysql> SHOW VERSION();

Then you don't have to ignore all the garbage characters. :-)