# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2003-06-03 22:59:47 +0300:
> you can use SHOW INNODB STATUS to look what active transactions you have and
> how many lock structs they have.
>
> Also innodb_lock_monitor helps.

    Hi Heikki,

    thanks for the reply. I have dropped the database, recreated it,
    stopped the server and started it again, turned on the
    innodb_lock_monitor, and had a hard time getting it to deadlock.

    After some time, it finaly issued the LOCK wait timeout exceeded
    error.

    I have the error log with innodb_lock_monitor messages, and the
    query log. Both were empty when I started the server, and I shut
    down the server right after I got the error (looks like the monitor
    writes into the error log even when the server doesn't process any
    queries). Plus, I was the only user accessing the server.

    Unfortunately, I've forgotten to run SHOW INNODB STATUS, is that
    info crucial, or can you get it from the monitor? I hope the latter
    is the case since the error is intermittent, and sometimes it's
    quite hard to make it show up.

    I've put the log files online at http://roman.bellavista.biz/mysql/,
    since they're quite big.

    An interesting fact: I was trying to get it to spit out the error,
    and couldn't, then left the server alone for ~30 minutes, and then
    got the error immediately: grep the logs for "13:53".

    What I don't understand is the TABLE LOCK lines: all the tables are
    InnoDB tables, and I thought InnoDB doesn't use table locks. Or does
    it. The only SQL statements in the query log that have to do with
    locking are two pairs of GET_LOCK()/RELEASE_LOCK() wrapping the
    creation of sequence tables.

    I will be very grateful for any info.