# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2003-06-04 09:17:01 -0400:
> acc.name, acc.phone, acc.acctno, sales1.amt as mo1sales, sales2.amt as
> mo2sales, (sales1.amt - sales2.amt) as diff SORT by diff
>
> I need all data in sales1 and sales2, but only for records from acc that
> are in either/both sales1, sales2.
>
> I tried:
> select .... from acc,sales1,sales2 where acc.acctno=sales1.acctno and
> acc.acctno=sales2.acctno
> I got only records which were in all three tables.
>
> I looked at using join, but can not determine which style of JOIN I need,
> nor how to write the JOIN statement.  Can someone please help?

    this?

    SELECT acc.name, acc.phone, acc.acctno,
           sales1.amt AS mo1sales, sales2.amt AS mo2sales,
           (sales1.amt - sales2.amt) AS diff
    FROM acc
    LEFT JOIN sales1 USING acctno
    LEFT JOIN sales2 USING acctno
    ORDER BY diff

    you might need to employ a function or two on the selected values
    to coerce the NULLs into something that will make sense in the
    computations.