Forgive me for posting again, but this is a server that WAS going to be production soon, but the thread problem is making me worry a bit. To reiterate.... on my Redhat 8 installation with the RPMs from www.mysql.com, when you start mysql from init.d using the startup script that calls mysqld_safe, it only launches one thread, not the three that Linux is supposed to. I've checked and can find NO CONFIGURATION that shows --one-thread being set anywhere. Checked the startup script, mysqld_safe, and checked for a my.cnf anywhere on the system just to be sure... nada. I have the most current glibc packages from Redhat, so I am at a loss. Was something changed between Redhat 7.3 and Redhat 8 that caused the threads to behave more like the FreeBSD version, whereupon they don't show up as separate processes with a ps command?? Please, any insight to this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

---
Tim Meader
ODIN Unix Group
ACS Government Services, Inc. - (301) 286-8013
[EMAIL PROTECTED]