The tables certainly get updated and therefore those queries should be ejected from
the cache, but it's not a memory issue. Does that mean that Qcache_lowmem_prunes is
actually the sum of low memory prunes and dirty queries? The manual doesn't seem to
suggest this, so it would be cool if someone could clear it up for sure.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Query_Cache_Status_and_Maintenance.html