At 18:40 +1000 6/8/03, JeRRy wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded the Windows version of mysql.  And just
set it up but currently it works as root and no
password.  Not a real concern as I shut down the mysql
as I finish working as I use it offline.  But I would
like to setup the user account and password as I have
it on my web server so it's easier to update instead
of changing things.

So if I wanted to create another user other than root
how can I do this?

There's a chapter in the MySQL Reference Manual on access control. Specifically, you want to read the material about the GRANT statement.

Thanks!

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA