OK, tearing my hair out here...

I am trying to get a LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE command to work. It works when I start the MySQL client with "--local-infile=1", but never in any other situation. Starting without this option, or submitting the request through PHP or Lasso results in the "command isn't supported" error.

I have tried a million different my.cnf changes, but no luck.

Is there any way to tell MySQL to default to allowing LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE instead of having to specify it in the client login? I'm trying this with both version 3.23.51 and 4.0.12-max.

The even odder thing is that I can get it to work fine on another machine running the pre-built 3.23.51 binary from entropy.ch. AND, if I move that build to the 3.23.51 hand-built machine, the error returns.

Any ideas GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

- John

John May : President                  <http://www.pointinspace.com>
Point In Space Internet Solutions             [EMAIL PROTECTED]

LPA Corporate Partner / FSA Associate / ACN Member

Lasso 5 + 6 / PHP / MySQL / FileMaker Pro Hosting Now Available!