Thanks for the reply! Yes, I understand I can do "show tables" to show
all table names in a database and I can do "describe <table_name>" to
get all column information for a table. But in the application
programming, I want to be able to do 'select' and be able to see "table
names" and "column info" as a query result set. Can MySQL do that? There
must be a place to store this information. In oracle or Sybase, these
are store in system tables (actual table) so I can do 'select' from them
to get a result set. I am new to MySQL. I wonder where these meta data
stored in MySQL. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!