i'm not an expert by any means :)

but, you do need indexes on both the primary key and the foreign key.
you've got one on foo_id, but you also need on on foo_value.

check the lists for more information. there's been plenty of discussion
lately ...

good luck

--
Jeff Mathis, Ph.D.                      505-955-1434
The Prediction Company                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]