On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 16:23, Trevor Sather wrote:

> How can I get the default value to be now()?  The only way I've succeeded is
> by setting the type of field to VARCHAR, but that's not ideal.

Trevor, take a look at the TIMESTAMP type:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/DATETIME.html

or, if you would rather not use that, then make sure you are formatting
your now() in such a way that MySQL will use it.  MySQL expects DATETIME
fields to be : YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS  and if they are not, you will get
the 00000000000000 you have been seeing.  Basically, you have to format
the date within your asp before you send it to mysql.

hth,
gabe.