Hi All,

Needs some tips & hints on how to "BEST" design a spesific database.

I have a customer table containing the following fields (just an example):

    CustomerID            -  The customers ID Number
    AccountBalance     - The customers Account Blanace / or available funds if you like
    StockVolume        - The number of Stocks hold by the customer

Now I want to make an application where all the customer can trade stocks with each
other.

My first idea was to use 2 tables 1 table holding all the stocks on sales and another
table
holding the stocks for bying.

example:

    Table: stocksales

        CustomerID
        StockVolume
        SalesPrice

    Table: stockpurchase

        CustomerID
        StockVolume
        PurchasePrice

This application will of course be used by many customers at the same time...

How to best handle this in MySQL ?  What if several customers tries to buy the
same stocks at the same time ?? Any locking methods?

Any hints & tips to best design such an database and/or application I'll appreciate it.

I'm open for any suggestions.

If it does matter:  I'm going to use MySQL & Delphi Enterprise 6

Kind Regards
Thomas Kvamme