Hi

can you post the form/php code

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Marquez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 10 June 2003 14:26
To: MySQL List
Subject: Column or Table issue

I am attempting to insert an article into a MySQL table on a remote server,
via a PHP Forms script.

I am able to insert the article on my server, and PHP MyAdmin works on both
servers, however, when I use my script on the remote server it does not
allow for long articles. (The articles have not more than 5 paragraphs at
the most.)

Is there anyone that has run into this problem before? Any suggestions?

I am assuming that because PHP MyAdmin works with the long article that it
is my script that is the issue.

The table is a "longtext" table. All permissions are correct. The exact same
script works perfectly on my server.

The funny thing is that every "single line" text field inserts into the DB,
however, the multi line does not.

If I write a few lines in the field, it will write to the DB, if I write the
full article, it does not. It sounds like a limitation on the column. But I
have no limitations on the column. (The column is long text, besides, I can
manually insert in, or us PHP MyAdmin to place the entire article.)

This is really strange... Can anyone help?

-Steve Marquez
[EMAIL PROTECTED]