How big is the imge file?
How do you check the contents of the table?
How are you determining that it is null?
Did you try to select the column into an outfile?
If so, how big was the outfile?

Titu Kim wrote:

Yes, the image file is on the server and i already
chown and chrgp to mysql for this file. Still the data
is null in the table.

--- gerald_clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Titu Kim wrote:

Hi,
  I am trying to insert an image directly from
command line into mysql table. My table looks like

==============
Create table ImageTab (id int, content longblob);
===========================

I login to localhost. I have an image at /tmp. Then

issue this query

================
insert into ImageTab values(1,
load_file("/tmp/myimg.gif"));
No error. But when i check the content of the

table,

the content column is null. I login as root to do
this.
What have i done wrong? Please help.

Thanks.

The file must be on the server, and readable by the
user 'mysql'

http://calendar.yahoo.com