<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi I am using a .Net project to connect to a mysql server. I have a
> winXP (IIS installed) machine as a network client to our mysql server
> hold on a linux machine. I have mydobc installed. I made a connection
> in .Net. But when I try to connect to mysql I get an error message
> saying: "'My ip' is not allowed to connect to this mysql server" What
> can I do?

Check out this list: http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Access_denied.html

Most likely the answer is:

If you get the following error when you try to connect from a different
host than the one on which the MySQL server is running, then there is no
row in the user table that matches that host:

Host ... is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

You can fix this by using the command-line tool mysql (on the server
host!) to add a row to the user, db, or host table for the user/hostname
combination from which you are trying to connect and then execute
mysqladmin flush-privileges. If you are not running MySQL Version 3.22
and you don't know the IP number or hostname of the machine from which
you are connecting, you should put an entry with '%' as the Host column
value in the user table and restart mysqld with the --log option on the
server machine. After trying to connect from the client machine, the
information in the MySQL log will indicate how you really did connect.
(Then replace the '%' in the user table entry with the actual hostname
that shows up in the log. Otherwise, you'll have a system that is
insecure.) Another reason for this error on Linux is that you are using
a binary MySQL version that is compiled with a different glibc version
than the one you are using. In this case you should either upgrade your
OS/glibc or download the source MySQL version and compile this yourself.
A source RPM is normally trivial to compile and install, so this isn't a
big problem.
--
Per Andreas Buer