> They're completely different clustering solution.  What, exactly, are
> you trying to acheive?  LVS is primarily for load balancing and
> possibly fail-over.  OpenMosix is a different beast entirely.
>
> Jeremy

Thanks for the reply Jeremy.
What i need to build are a mysql master server with two nodes
both active at the same time.

Don't know how this is called in english but we call it an HA
active-to-active; while standard HA clustering is considered
active-to-passive because only one node at time is working
while the other one it will come up only if the first one
is falling.

I'm not a DBA and i know very little on setting up DB servers,
but for what i have understand from the online documentation,
if i use a slave server with db replication, when the master
fails, the slave can only manage queries and not commits;
I've also read that db replication fo the master servers will be
supported starting at v.5.0 of mysql.

Now, how i can achieve the active-to-active task?
I've tought to put up two nodes with a shared disk-array
where the db stands, and to share the processes between
the two nodes using openmosix.

What do you (and the others) think about that?
Any advice is really welcome! :)

Thanks in advance for any reply!
Roberto