I'm running Access 97 as a front end to a MySQL ODBC linked table.  Everything is
working fine with the exception of "long searches" from within Access.  In the past we
would be able to go to any one of the fields from within the Form, and then do a Ctrl
+ F to find a record by whatever value we chose.  Results would take about a second
when they were native Access table searches.  Since converting them it takes about 40
seconds or more..

I've indexed the fields, and optimized the tables, still long searches.  All ODBC
settings in the Control panel appear to be correct,  ONLY Don't Optimize column width
and Return Matching Rows are checked.

Any Ideas?  (Table is an 8 meg table with about 5 thousand records in it)