Hi Bruce,

I dont know the solution, but error 1236 is a server issue as described below.
Starting and stopping the slave wont help anything.  Are you sure that the
servers binary log is not corrupted ?

Try to reset the master.

 4.10.7.5 RESET MASTER (master)

 Deletes all binary logs listed in the index file, resetting the binlog index
 file to be empty. Previously named FLUSH MASTER .

 By doing this you eliminate all old master file and start over at
 FILENAME-bin-001 position 79.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan

2003年 6月 13日 金曜日 21:23、Bruce Dembecki さんは書きました:

--
---
Valentin Nils

 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]