I'm having some trouble with linking mysql-4.0.13 into php-4.3.2. I am
getting following error:

//usr/lib/libresolv.so.1: fatal error: symbol `_res` multiply defined in two
shared objects /usr/lib/libsocket.so: size = 448; //usr/lib/libresolv.so.1:
size = 512
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1

I'm compiling on SCO OperServer 5.0.6 using:

gcc-2.95.2
make-3.80

php-4.3.2
mysql-4.0.13
apache_1.3.27

MySQL builds and installs fine. PHP configure fine and is making it through
95 percent build. The configure command to produce the problem in it's
simplest form:

configure --with-mysql=<path to mysql install>

If I don't specify MySQL in the build then PHP builds fine. I'm not sure if
it's a MySQL or PHP problem, or if it's a SCO library problem. So, I'm
posting this question to all. If anyone has any idea or needs any additional
information please let me know.

Thanks