Hi All,

The 3.23.54 Manual states in;

 Section 1.4.4.3 Transactions
------------------------------------
"If you only obtain a read lock (as opposed to a write lock), then reads and
inserts are still allowed to happen. The new inserted records will not be seen
by any of the clients that have a READ lock until they release their read locks
"

But in Section 6.7.2 Lock Tables/Unlock Tables Syntax
"If a thread obtains a READ lock on a table, that thread (and all other threads)
can only read from the table. If a thread obtains a WRITE lock on a table, then
only the thread holding the lock can READ from or WRITE to the table."

What am I missing pls?  Can I, with a "READ" Lock, still write to the table?

Is the following assumption correct?

"READ" Lock - Thread/Client with Lock, can write to locked Table, and is ONLY
ONE who can until Lock released.

Thanks in Advance

[Filter: SQL MySQL]