I am trying to learn to use the C API for MySQL and have a question. I
have a table that has a primary key defined as int(11). I don't know what
data type this translates to in C. I thought maybe an unsigned int or an
unsigned long. I have this little loop that cycles through the results of
a query and displays the first two columns, the first being the int(11)
and the second a varchar. Here is the code:

result = mysql_use_result(&mysql);
while((row = mysql_fetch_row(result))) {
  printf("%lu %s\n", row[0], row[1]);
}

The first column is printed as garbage while the second column shows the
data correctly.

Help?

Thanks.

Andrew