Hello.

I am running MySQL database on Sun Solaris 9.
# mysql -V
mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.54, for sun-solaris2.8 (sparc)

I am having a problem dropping a database. All the tables in the database have been dropped successfully, but the database does not want to go away. To be more specific, when I execute:
drop database clone_updater;
query runs without errors, but database is still there.

mysql> show databases;
| Database                                                    |
| clone_updater                                            |
| mysql                                                         |
51 rows in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> drop database clone_updater;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> show databases;
| Database                                                    |
| clone_updater                                            |
| mysql                                                         |
51 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Restarting mysql had no effect on this issue.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you in advance,

Leo.