Hi,

In a docuement such as Invoice Form, we have a header and a couple of
records for the detail. In header table, Invoice# can be the PRIMARY KEY but
in detail table, Invoice# is not unique. I think there are two solutions to
choose a Primary Key (in MyISAM type) :

1) Adding an id field ( auto_increment ) and choose it as PRIMARY KEY
in this case we have to add another index on Invoice# for making relation
with the header table

2) There is another field in detail table with "timestamp" type for keeping
the last change on the record. I want to select ( Invoice# + myTimestamp )
for PRIMARY KEY. in this case I don't need to add a new fields ( id ) and
another index ( on Invoice# ) to the table.

which one do you prefer and usually use?

thank