Erik Olsen wrote:
Is it possible for slave to connect to 2 different masters and have
synchronized database from both?

So you would have updates on 2 masters M1 and M2 which would be replicated to the read-only slave S1 ?

The point of MySQL's replication is that after an replication-event there is allways a moment in time where slave == master.

In your model you'd build : M1 --> S <-- M2

An update of M1 would be carried to S but wouldn't be transferred to M2 so S had no chance to get in the state S == M2 anymore.
I suppose that'd break the replication process and it'd stop.

You have to do it in a circle as the manual describes :

I'd rather have it like a star formation but that seams to be impossible, too.
Updates on all machines with replication to a central supermaster SM

M1 <--> SM <--> M2

This way I wouldn't rely on all hosts in the replication-circle to stay up and do their job since one is off site and hanging on a slow dial-up line.