Roberto Leibman wrote:

> OK,
> A few days ago I reported a problem with getImportedKeys, since nobody
> came with a solution that would work, I did some research, downloaded
> the code for the driver (I actually downloaded the code for Alpha, since
> I wanted to report the bug, if there was one as accurately as possible).
> As far as I can tell, it is a bug. I hope one of the developers is
> reading this list and can respond directly as to how to proceed with
> this, or if anyone knows where to post this, please let me know.
>
> In line 4926 of DatabaseMetaData.java, the code is looking for a line
> starting with "FOREIGN KEY".
>
> The problem seems to be that the version of mysql I have (mysql
> --version gives me 'mysql  Ver 12.20 Distrib 4.0.13, for pc-linux
> (i686)')
> Returns the following when you do a show create table:
>
> mysql> show Create Table Template
>
> CREATE TABLE `Template` (
>   `template_ID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
>   `foreign_Key_ID` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
>   `string_Field` varchar(255) default NULL,
>   `date_Field` timestamp(14) NOT NULL,
>   `boolean_Field` tinyint(4) default NULL,
>   `double_Field` double default NULL,
>   `decimal_Field` decimal(10,0) default NULL,
>   PRIMARY KEY  (`template_ID`),
>   KEY `fkid_ind` (`foreign_Key_ID`),
>   CONSTRAINT `0_45` FOREIGN KEY (`foreign_Key_ID`) REFERENCES
> `ForeignTable` (`foreign_ID`)
> ) TYPE=InnoDB
>
> If you pay a little attention, the line with the foreign key happens to
> have the name of the constraint as well as the word FOREIGN KEY.
> This of course, breaks the algorithm.
>
> Perhaps something along the lines of line.substring may work better than
> line.startsWith?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Roberto Leibman
>
> P.S. Here are the versions of software I use
> mysql:
>       mysql  Ver 12.20 Distrib 4.0.13, for pc-linux (i686)
> java:
>       Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_02-b06)
>       Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_02-b06, mixed mode)
> mysql connector:
>       mysql-connector-java-3.1.0-alpha-bin.jar

This was fixed last week, and is in the nightly snapshots
(http://mmmysql.sourceforge.net/). Sorry that you weren't aware of
http://bugs.mysql.com/ where bug reports are taken and closed (maybe we
need to start adding it into the tagline for this list).

Please check http://bugs.mysql.com/ when reporting bugs to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], because it will save you some time if the bug has
already been reported (and in this case, fixed and closed :) )

(See http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=517 and and a duplicate of #517,
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=664)

        -Mark

- --
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mmma

   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /  Mark Matthews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ MySQL AB, SW Dev. Manager - J2EE/Windows
 /_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ Flossmoor (Chicago), IL USA
        <___/ www.mysql.com