Hi, I left out the LIMIT 1 in the example I copied... I only want the
first occurance updated.

"wayne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
23/06/2003 23:22

        To:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Subject:        RE: UPDATE and ORDER BY

Have you tried it without it? I cannot seen a reason for using it...
With out it all records in subscriptions will be updated with pick+1
where username='webmaster' and dbname.....

Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 23 June 2003 23:09
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: UPDATE and ORDER BY

Hi,

Any ideas why I get an error when i use ORDER BY in an UPDATE statement?

Also is there anywhere i can lookup the error codes?

UPDATE `Subscriptions` SET picks=picks+1 WHERE (username = 'webmaster'
AND
picksdatabasename = 'BetaTestService') ORDER BY subscriptionid ASC

ADODB.Connection.1 error '80004005'

SQLState: 42000
Native Error Code: 1064
[TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ORDER BY price
ASC' at line 1

Thanks in advance.
Martin