On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 03:19:05AM -0400, M Lists wrote:

> I'm researching a specific network design and have some questions that may
> involve 2-way replication.

Ok...

> I have one master mysql server doing 1 way replication to a large
> number of remotely located slaves.  Each slave serves a number of
> proprietary software clients running inside a private network.
> These proprietary software clients do not have Internet access but
> of course the local slave does.  These proprietary software clients
> enter data into 2 tables on the local slave.  We now have the need
> to get these remote slaves to send the data in these 2 tables back
> to the master and merge it in 2 central tables.

A MySQL slave can only have one master, so this isn't readily doable
with MySQL today.

> The amount of data that needs to be sent back is not terribly large
> and only needs to happen maybe once or twice a day.  What is the
> most logical and efficient way to accomplish this?

I'd consider writing some code that can initate the process of copying
data from server to server.  It'll have to be specific to your
application.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.13: up 20 days, processed 646,612,686 queries (362/sec. avg)