At 10:55 -0400 6/25/03, Luc Foisy wrote:
I installed the RPM version of MySQL 3.23.56 on Red Hat 9.0
When it installed, it started up mysql, no problems, I could do all mysql functions
I recently rebooted the box, and mysql did not start automatically. I can start it if I run /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql start

Is there any know problems why this would not be working correctly with this particular combination?

Try:

chkconfig --list mysql

to see what runlevels the mysql script thinks it's supposed to start for.
My guess is that it's not enabled properly.  If not, then do this:

chkconfig --levels 2345 mysql on

Thanks Luc Foisy

Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA