Hi

I'm trying to create an application linked with libmysqld.a to create an embedded
server. Can my application act as a client to connect to a remote server ?

To be more precise, I would like to use
mysql_real_connect(db, "remoteserver.xxx.com", "mysql", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0).

When I do this, it seems to connect to the embedded server running on the local
machine, instead of the remote server. Is there any other configuration setting that I
can use to make it connect to the remote server ?

Thanks
Satheesh