Hi Keith,

I understood that the backup done by f.e mysqldump would dump the create
statement only for the index - not the actually data fo the index. That would
make the backup option create smaller files than lets say if you copy it 1x1
on the OS command line basis f.e with cp.

This option alone could make a big difference, depending if you are using
fulltext index or not.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan

2003年 6月 28日 土曜日 04:23、Keith C. Ivey さんは書きました:

--
---
Valentin Nils

 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]