At 17:26 -0400 6/28/03, Gary Huntress wrote:
I have some simple user quotas set to help balance my server load.  I think
I've implemented them properly  because people do whine to me when they
reach the query limit.

I have max_connections set to 200, but right now I'm watching connections
for 1 user scroll by at an alarming rate.  7800 in less than 5 minutes.

What could I have done wrong for this user such that his max_connections
value of 200 is being ignored?

Maybe he's connecting as an account other than what you think, and that account has no limit?

By the way, max_connections is a server variable, not a user variable.
I assume you're really talking about MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR, as used
in the GRANT statement?

Regards, Gary "SuperID" Huntress ======================================================= FreeSQL.org offering free database hosting to developers Visit http://www.freesql.org

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer