I'm writing here in hopes of finding someone who uses this and might be able to help me.

I am dealing with a recordset who's query is thus:

SELECT firstName, lastName, deptPOS, workPH, homePH, location, model, make, propID, addressIP, OS FROM people, make, models, machines
WHERE people.peopleID = machines.peopleID AND make.makeID = models.makeID AND models.modelID = machines.modelID;

My tables and keys are:
table 1) people - primary key = peopleID
table 2) make - primary key = makeID
table 3) models - primary key = modelID - foreign key = make ID
table 4) machines - primary key = machinesID - foreign keys = peopleID, modelID

The above query (using Dreamweaver MX speak) is a "repeating region" behavior so that I get a "master" PHP page in web browser that displays all my records with the fields as I wish them (using the data from the 4 tables), that works fine --thanks all.

At the end of each row (record) on that "master" page I am building 2 links: Update and Delete. The Update link will lead to a "detail page" of that particular record, identical visually to the particular record in the master page except that it will be presented in an editable/submit form -that will update the record in the database. Right now my problem is how to adjust the recordset query -above- to produce the result that will give that specific record/row that the link is next to. Right now I have the link working but I am using the same query as above and I am not getting the row that is "next to" the link, i.e., I'm not getting the correct record -but some other record.

If anyone on this list has any knowledge and could help get over this hurdle I would be EXTREMELY grateful -been trying to figure this out for days.

I apologize in advance for posting this here if that was wrong. I won't do again, I'm just looking for some help. I have several books and have been to other forums and the internet... still working on it.

Thanks,
Ted