New list member and mysql newbie with first time post.
I'm running into a problem getting MyODBC ver3.51 configured on my RH7.3
server running mysql 4.0.12. Anyone happen to be familiar with this
error when configuring MyODBC:

Could not find 'libmysqlclient' from '/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql' or
'/usr/local/mysql'. Try another location.

I attempted to configure myodbc with the following:
$./configure --prefix=/usr/local
--with-iodbc=/usr/local
--with-mysql-dirs=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql
--with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql
--without-debug
--enable-thread-safe

I tried to change --with-mysql-dirs to --with-mysql-libs and got this
error:

Could not find the mysql include file

So I changed --with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql to
--with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include and got this error:

Unable to find iodbc headers in /usr/local/include

I changed --with-iodbc=/usr/local to --with-iodbc=DIR

That returned the same error so I tried to change it to:
--with-iodbc-includes=INCDIR and got this error:

Unable to find iodbc headers in INCDIR

So I try to remove the iodbc option and still get that error.

I'm tapped as these are all steps outlined in the install document. Can
anyone else here assist with this?

Any responses are appreciated.