Hi Victoria,

2003年 7月 2日 水曜日 22:05、Victoria Reznichenko さんは書きました:
> "Nils Valentin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Victoria,
> >
> > I enclose a sample.
> >
> > http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Resetting_permissions.html

> > 2. Restart mysqld with the --skip-grant-tables option.
> >
> > How would you understand this ?
> >
> > restarting mysqld or starting safe_mysqld ??
>
> Start mysqld with --skip-grant-tables option :) safe_mysqld hasn't option
> --skip-grant-tables.

Thats the point it should be mentioned explicitely f.e as a example

safe_mysqld --skip-grant-tables

>You can start mysqld using safe_mysqld and
> mysql.server scripts or mysqld directly. There is another section in the
> MySQL manual that describes how to start MySQL server.

The point is to provide all necessary information easy understandable in a
single document WITHOUT having to look through several documents or pages.

I know its hard to write a good documentation this way, but  I hope the
documentation can improve a bit in this way.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan

--