Hi Dan,

By default 2 anonymous user accounts are setup in the mysql database. You will
have to delete them first. you should find that you can login with any name
(except the specified ones) without password. This will probably allow you to
view the databases f.e. with "SHOW DATABASES;", but you shouldnt be able to
insert, update or delete anything. Anyway to view your user name to this:

mysql> SELECT user();

It will show you as what you are logged in (username and host).
Use

mysql> SELECT current_user();

to see which mysql privilege account you are currently using.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Miscellaneous_functions.html

You will have to delete the annonymous user accounts like this:

mysql> use mysql;
mysql> DELETE FROM mysql.user WHERE User='';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Than you will be fine and you should be able to log in with any anonymous user
accounts. ;-)

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan

2003年 7月 3日 木曜日 06:18、Dan Ullom さんは書きました:

--
---
Valentin Nils

 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]