Victor Pendleton wrote:

>You could create your own script that runs myisamchk then after completing
>starts the MySQL service and place this in the windows startup folder.

Not sure if this is the case in Windows, but on OS X's version of
mysqld_safe there is a line that you can uncomment that will automatically
run myisamchk whenever mysqld is started:

# Uncomment the following lines if you want all tables to be automaticly
# checked and repaired at start
#
# echo "Checking tables in $DATADIR"
# $MY_BASEDIR_VERSION/bin/myisamchk --silent --force --fast --medium-check
-O key_buffer=64M -O sort_buffer=64M $DATADIR/*/*.MYI
# $MY_BASEDIR_VERSION/bin/isamchk --silent --force -O sort_buffer=64M
$DATADIR/*/*.ISM

(two of those lines wrapped).  Assuming you only have MyISAM tables (and no
ISAM ones) just uncomment the first line that starts
$MY_BASEDIR_VERSION/bin/myisamchk

InnoDB will handle this on it's own.

Of course this could all be different on Windows, if so sorry to waste your
time.

--Ware