Hi Vince,

I assume you want to print to your printer from the mysql client (command
line) here is what I do:

0) set up a lp queue (line printer) and make sure it works then proceed to 1)

1a)     mysql> pager /usr/bin/less
        mysql>  \P lp;
        PAGER set to lp;
        mysql> SHOW INNODB STATUS ;
        request id is IPSIO8000-2DPS-129 (1 file(s))
        1 row in set (0.01 sec)

or you do it like this

1b) mysql> <command> \T ~/outputfilename
        mysql> \t

The first command in 1b) starts the output into th file (parallel to the
screen) the second (\t) will stop the output.
Use the  normal print command to print the file.

I hope that helps.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan