I think I know the answer to this question, but.. Just to be sure.

Can I take multiple 2GB files in /var/lib/innodb and the corresponding
files in /var/lib/iblogs created with 3.32.55 (INNODB) and upgrade to
4.0.13 and let it use those existing files without a problem? Without
dumping and re-importing? I'd only need to additionally run the
mysql_privs_fix(?) script as part of a normal 3.23->4.0 upgrade?

I did this as a test and it appeared to work but only on a test
machine.. Want to make 100% certain before trying it on a production
box.

Thanks!

PS. Yes I'd dump everything as an emergency backup beforehand anyway...