Hi,
      I am a newbie
      I want to create a temporary table and I get the following error
message :

mysql> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tempemp AS SELECT * FROM emp;
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'test1'

      Any help would be appreciated

                  Didier

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 06/07/2003 09:29:01

Pour : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc :   [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] (ccc : Didier
       ROS/A/EDFGDF/FR)
Objet :     Re: [PHP-DB] Create Temporary Table

Does the ip address of where you are trying to access the mysql database
from (client), change?    If you have a dynamic ip address
your ISP should have a grant something to the effect of:

grant all on database.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED] identified by 'password';

This would allow your client to be any address on the 10.1.X.X  network.
  You can just grant access to the database to [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you want that
user to be able to access the database from any ip address.   This might
have some security implications for you, if it's wide open on the
Internet.   That's the only reason I can think for intermittent problems.

Cheers,
~Steve

Phil Dowson wrote:

>Hi,
>
>PHP Version 4.3.1
>Mysql Version 4.0.13
>
>When I try and run the following query
>
>CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE temptable AS SELECT * FROM permtable;
>
>on each database, the first one will run it with no problems at all. The
>second returns the error:
>
>[server] ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' to database
>'database'
>
>I have tried running the same query from MySQL at my site, from via the
PHP