I wonder if you could make a backup of your original users table, then make one
of JUST your super user... Then when you go to do your back up you would copy
your table with JUST your super user in there and go to work... After you are
done with the backup copy your old table back and restart mysql or flush the
privilages.

Not sure if that will even work but it might work for a temp fix.

Ryan