Occasionally in checking one of the servers, I noticed that mysql shows 85% + of
cpu usage essentially leaving the server at 0% idle.  After monitoring it for a
few hours, the status did not change.  After a stop and start of mysql, things
progessed normally.  Checking back a few days later I noticed it was once again
sitting up there at 95% (or thereabouts) and doing nothing of value from what i
could tell.

Have restarted MySQL during peak usage times for that server and its database,
and it has showed normal loads and CPU usage (approx 20% CPU with .1 to .3
load).  Is there a known issue (running on FreeBSD 4.8, MySQL 3.23.55 MyISAM)?
Is there something I should check when next I notice the high CPU usage?

Thanks

Dave