Hello Egor,

You give me hope but...
I attempted to set up permissions but it appears that I need to start up MySQL in order to do that.
That brings me right back to my original problem of not being able to connect.

I am thinking of reinstalling MySQL to see if I missed something in the original install.

Any more suggestions please, I am at a loss.

Mark D.