At 21:47 +0000 7/9/03, Gustavo A. Baratto wrote:
Greetings,

What happens if I use the command below when innodb engine is running?

set global have_innodb=0;

You can easily find out by trying it. (Go ahead, nothing bad will happen.)

I want to stop innodb engine without stopping the whole server for backup (most tables are myisam).

Any ideas on how to do that?

You can't. Storage engines like InnoDB or BDB can only be disabled or enabled at startup time. have_innodb and have_bdb are indicators of the availability of these engines; they cannot be set while the server is running.

Thank all

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer
Madison, Wisconsin, USA