Could you maybe send us your table definition, some example data and an
expected output?

/rudy

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Wolfgram [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: donderdag 10 juli 2003 4:53
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: REGEX

I am familiar with regex in general, but here is what I want to do...

I have a field that contains 6 actual data items separated by the |
symbol.
Like this...

a|b|c|d|e

What I need to do is build a list of distinct values between each pipe,
so
that I get 5 arrays of values, one array for each of the drop-down boxes
want to create.

The select statement I need needs to say...

Give me a distinct entries matching any character up to the first |
character. Or between the first and second |char, etc.

Is there a way to do this with regex?

"Interactive Media that WORKS."

Doug Wolfgram
CEO