You didn't say which version of MySQL you are using, or if you are using
InnoDB tables. I'll assume you are using MyISAM tables, and are **adding** a
drive to the system.

1. Install / mount the new drive so it is available to the O/S and assign it
a drive letter.

2. Stop the MySQL Server (in DOS: NET STOP MYSQL)

3. Copy the entire \data directory from \mysql to the new drive.

4. In DOS, CD\WINNT and EDIT MY.INI

5. Locate the line with datadir ... i.e.:
          datadir = C:/mysql/data/
    ... and edit to reflect the new location of your data on the new drive
... i.e.:
          datadir = E:/mysql/data/

6. In DOS, start the MySQL server (NET START MYSQL)

G. Jensen