I'm beating my head against the wall.  I just can't see
what's wrong with it; what would be causing the error:

SELECT certificate.cert_num, master_info.uid
FROM certificate
JOIN master_info ON ( certificate.uid = master_info.uid )
LEFT JOIN endorsements ON ( certificate.cert_num = endorsements.cert_num )
WHERE certificate.active = 1
AND certificate.referred = 0
AND certificate.status IN ('O', 'C')
AND endorsements.endorse_mode='cancel'
ORDER BY master_info.company, certificate.bound, certificate.cert_num;

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ON ( certificate.uid =
master_info.uid ) LEFT JOIN endorsements ON ( certificate' at line 1

I don't/can't see where the query is syntactically incorrect.  What am I missing?

thnx,
Chris