There's been much news lately about various compilers for the Intel platforms after various benchmarks have come out which all disagree. One that I noticed is that the new Intel processors have a math processor that allows vector calculations, which I understand as being able to pass an array and an operation to the processor to perform an iterative calcuation as opposed to running the steps over and over again.

Does anyone know if these would be of signifcant value to MySQL, and are there versions compiled with the Intel compiler as opposed to gcc to demonstrate this with?

If not, does anyone have access to the Intel compilers to benchmark this with?

--
Michael Conlen