C. Reeve wrote:

Hi,

I have noticed recently that every time I go to the MySQL manual page I
get prompted to install Gator spyware. If MySQL condones or is going to
use spyware, I may have to consider using another database.

This may sound extreme, but I do not condone the use of spyware in any
form and would hope that others feel the same way.

Comments....

Please remain calm.
You must have gotten Gator on your computer all by yourself because it certainly doesn't come with MySQL.
Search on Google for 'AdAware'.
Download it. Install it. Run it. Remove Gator.
Be careful what you install from now on.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer