I am running Discus Message Board on MYSQL server version 3.23.55 all on
Windows 2K platform.  Discus appears to be encrypting the user password
with, I think, Encrypt("password", "saltcode") (calling the function in
MYSQL).  When I run <select encrypt("1"); \g> it just returns NULL.  Any
ideas why and what I can do to make it work?

Thanks, I appreciate your attention,
Darren.

Darren Green
Strategic ICT Research and Development

Cheshire County Council
5th Floor, Commerce House,
Hunter Street,
Chester  CH1 1SR
*       01244 602104
fax     01244 603939
*       <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >

Note : This E-Mail is sent in confidence for the addressee only.
Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and
should please advise the sender immediately by telephone and
then delete the message without copying or storing it or disclosing
its contents to any other person.

We have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses
are transmitted from Cheshire County Council to any third party.
Copyright in this e mail and attachments created by us unless stated
to the contrary belongs to Cheshire County Council.

Any liability (in negligence or otherwise) arising from any party
acting, or refraining from acting on any information contained
in this e mail is hereby excluded.

Should you communicate with anyone at Cheshire County Council by
e-mail, you consent to us monitoring and reading any such
correspondence.

Printing this email?  Please think environmentally and only print when essential!