In the last episode (Jul 11), Nicholas Elliott said:
> I've been experimenting with the best way to store a large (~100GB)
> of data for retrieval. Essentially, I'm storing 9 variables for
> approximately 1,000,000 locations a day for the last ten years. This
> can work out at around 4MB a variable a day - but not all variables
> are always present (could be null).
[...]
> Alas, after inserting 260 days (less than a year) I hit the MyISAM
> table size limit of 4.2GB - because a BLOB is a variable length
> field.

MyISAM doesn't have a hard 4gb table size...  It may default to a 4gb
limit if you forgot to give a hint as to the final table size when you
created it, though.  Try running

ALTER TABLE mytable AVG_ROW_LENGTH=36000000 MAX_ROWS=3600

( 36MB average row length since you have 9 4mb blobs, and 10 years
worth of records. )

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]