Hi all

I've been trying to build mysql 4.0.13 with linuxthreads on FreeBSD. The build process
generates no error message and everything seems to be ok, but when I issue 'make test'
it fails with the following message:

cd mysql-test ; ./mysql-test-run
Installing Test Databases
Removing Stale Files
Installing Master Databases
running  ../sql/mysqld --no-defaults --bootstrap --skip-grant-tables     --basedir=.
--datadir=./var/master-data --skip-innodb --skip-bdb --language=../sql/share/english/
mysqld got signal 10;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong
and this may fail.

key_buffer_size=8388600
read_buffer_size=131072
Fatal signal 11 while backtracing
Error executing mysqld --bootstrap
Error:  Could not install master test DBs
*** Error code 1

Stop in /root/mysql-4.0.13.

I used the following to build mysql:

CFLAGS='-O3 -pipe -march=pentiumpro -D__USE_UNIX98 -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE
-DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH -I/usr/local/include/pthread/linuxthreads' \
CXX=gcc \
CC=gcc \
CXXFLAGS='-O3 -pipe -march=pentiumpro -D__USE_UNIX98 -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE
-DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH -I/usr/local/include/pthread/linuxthreads -felide-constructors
-fno-rtti -fno-exceptions' \
  ./configure \
    --with-mit-threads=no \
    --enable-assembler \
    --with-innodb \
    --with-named-thread-libs='-DHAVE_GLIBC2_STYLE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R -D_THREAD_SAFE
-DHAVE_BROKEN_REALPATH -I/usr/local/include/pthread/linuxthreads -L/usr/local/lib
-llthread -llgcc_r' \
    --prefix=/usr/local/mysql \
    --enable-thread-safe-client \
    --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static \
    --with-libwrap \
    --with-raid \
    --with-extra-charsets=complex \
    --with-debug

I have used the above configure line (without the "--with-debug" option) to build
several mysqld server on different machines with no problem at all. This is the first
time I encounter this problem. I have tried to use different C/C++ compilers to build,
but the results were just the same. If I copy the compiled binary to any other FreeBSD
machines (either single processor or SMP machine) it can start and serve queries
without any problem! So my guess is.. if this is caused by some faulty hardware
or...if this is a bug or did I do something wrong? If this is caused by faulty
hardware, how can I check which piece of hardware is causing this error?

P.S.: It happened that one copper stand in the chassis have been short circuited with
a PCI riser card for one or two day after the machine was assembled.. for sure it have
been fixed before I tried to build mysql again. :)

Configuration of the machine:
  - Dual Intel Xeon 2.4GHz with HyperThreading enabled (whether HTT support is enabled
or not it did not help)
  - 3G main memory
  - FreeBSD 4.8 SMP (even the default single processor kernel have problem starting
mysql/linuxthreads)
  - LinuxThreads 2.2.3 (built from ports)
  - MySQL 4.0.13 source tarball
  (Kernel was compiled with these flags: -O2 -pipe -fexpensive-optimizations
-fomit-frame-pointer)

Thanks !!

Charles